Help victims of Morocco’s deadly earthquake
- A powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck Morocco on Friday, and with the death toll already surpassing 2,800 it is the deadliest and most powerful earthquake to hit the North African country in decades.
- The epicenter was in the High Atlas Mountains, located about 50 miles southwest of the popular tourist city of Marrakech.
- Rescue teams are struggling to reach those in affected areas due to roads blocked by the rubble left in the quake’s wake.
Organizations helping victims of Morocco’s earthquake:
Disaster response organizations are mobilizing quickly to support the immediate, life-saving relief efforts as well as longer-term recovery. The best way to support is to provide funding to one of the many nonprofits that are working to provide assistance to those impacted.
Groundswell has put together a list of organizations you can directly support:
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Team Rubicon
- International Medical Corps
- Doctors without borders
The best way to support is to provide funding to one of the many nonprofits that are working to provide assistance to those impacted – please consider donating today.
The Big Donation Distribution Problem You Don’t Know About
At Groundswell, we are passionate about challenging the status quo, and one industry standard that we’ve set our sights on is the unconscionable donation distribution delays normalized by legacy platforms like Benevity, Cybergrants, and YourCause. These companies, which currently service …
6 Tips For An Effective Corporate Volunteerism Program with Groundswell
For companies seeking to streamline their giving and volunteering in one place, Groundswell has a number of volunteer features designed to easily track, reward, and engage employees. We have been extremely thoughtful about the volunteerism features we’ve built – with …
September: Causes to Support
September recognizes Hispanic Heritage, Childhood Cancer Awareness, Suicide Prevention, Hunger Action, and World Alzheimer’s Awareness. Nonprofit organizations of all sizes and across geographies are working on the frontlines to support causes and the communities most impacted – through direct programming, …